Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a Hardy centenary 10/11 reel that I am trying to find information on. I can't find much on the Internet about it so I thought I would reach out here on the pages. It is basically the same size as a marquis #2 , the spools are interchangeable but the body of the reel is like the light weight model with the same check system. I was wanting to get new springs and Pawls for it but not sure what to get and where to get them? To me I would assume the same springs as the St. Andrew? I called Archuleta and he told me to contact pure fish.com but they were no help and don't sell parts. What do you Hardy owners think? Here is some pics! Thanks, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,844 Posts
Archuletta

Nuff Said. Save the hassle go to the man

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello !

The Hardy Centenary Reel was a hybrid of the Hardy Lightweight series and the Hardy Marquis. Three size # 3/4 witch is a size of its own, the reel case and the spool fits a Marquis 4, the next size 6/7 has the reel-case from a Hardy Lightweight Princess and the spool from a Marquis 7, the biggest 10/11 has the reel-case the size of a St. Andrew Lightweight ( from 1960 th. ) and the spool from a Marquis Salmon two.
Very good looking reels, the models were made for the 100 anniversary of the Hardy Pall Mall Shop 1992 ( now closed ) the first 100 of each size were individually numbered and came in a nice seawyt-bag and a numbered box. I my opinion one of the very good looking of Hardys Flyreels.With its very special dark brown/blach stove enamel and golden letters and decoration. Hardy put a little catalog on the market, a very nice item that describes the different items Hardy put on the market to celebrate its no 1 shop had existed for a century. // Steen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thank you Steen! Very cool and much appreciated. I really like this reel and like the lightweight checking and body better than the Marquis design. I own booth reels in the #2 size and the lightweight check system is way more stronger than the Marquis. It actually will put a fair amount of tension on the gear and pawls when cranked down all the way. It is one of my favorite Hardys I own! Just wish they would of put the original looking ribbed brass foot on it. Do you own these reels in photo?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hardy Pall Mall Centenary

Looks like it's all used up and ready for the recycler, better send it to me and I'll take it to the crusher! :chuckle:

FYI- not sure but it appears you've got it set-up for RHW so check your pawl directions as this may be why you question the spring strength. Nice reel!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it's all used up and ready for the recycler, better send it to me and I'll take it to the crusher! :chuckle:

FYI- not sure but it appears you've got it set-up for RHW so check your pawl directions as this may be why you question the spring strength. Nice reel!
Lol yard! I don't think this will be leaving me anytime! No it is set as a lefty and correct!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts