Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of picking up a Marquis salmon 2. What kind of price is reasonable for a reel in good to excellent condition? Are there any differences in the older model Marquis and the newer ones? Anything I should look out for?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
look out for reels with only 1 pawl - best to engage both

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve,

That is the kind of info I was looking for. :)

Anybody else. I promise I won't bite.

Kevin

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Hardy marquis

Sorry Big K1
Never use them
:)

PS Here is a good one for ya, I was looking for a Wincutter line in the back room and found a brand new Lamson LP 3.5. Don't remember ever buying it!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
886 Posts
£80-100 that is GB pounds not USA dollors. I have a nice one I'll part with for £80

·
Registered
113 Posts
Big K1,

They have two different spring and pawl arrangements. I have an older brass foot model, which seems to differ internally to some of the newer models. I don't think it affects the operation, or the loud click! These reels are simply designed and last for years, and years, and....
A good buy, if you can lay your hands on one, is a Marquis Disc.

Marquis reels are always up for sale on the UK ebay (www.ebay.co.uk). You could always email the seller and see if they will post to the your side of the pond.

Good Luck,

Gary.

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the replies. I didn't think to check UK Ebay.

Kevin

·
just say no to bait
115 Posts
Big K1

Perhaps you don't have to go that far. I have one I don't use very often. I also Have a spare spool for it. Sorry for not responding sooner I am just not sure I want to part with it. So If your seach doesn't go well P M me

Cheers N I

1 - 13 of 13 Posts