Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

As noted, here is a Hardy Marquis 8/9 reel (english made). Very good condition. Exact age unknwon but estimated to be 30-40 yrs old.

Extra spool included free of charge. The spool has a small chip in the rim from where the previous owner fell. It has been filed down smooth and works fine.

Overall, the reel and spool are tight with no wobble and both spin flawlessly.

$225 for the package; buyer pays freight and insurance. Send email for pics.

Rocksteady

·
Registered
748 Posts
Howdy,

As noted, here is a Hardy Marquis 8/9 reel (english made). Very good condition. Exact age unknwon but estimated to be 30-40 yrs old.

Extra spool included free of charge. The spool has a small chip in the rim from where the previous owner fell. It has been filed down smooth and works fine.

Overall, the reel and spool are tight with no wobble and both spin flawlessly.

$225 for the package; buyer pays freight and insurance. Send email for pics.

Rocksteady
Pictures? Dimensions?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marquis 8/9

Thanks for your interest,

This reel measures 3 5/8" by 1 1/8".

My photos don't load onto Speypages. Note your email address and I'll send you a bunch as email attachments.

RS

·
Banned and proud
845 Posts
Spey

Jordan,

You might be able to use the Marquis for a switch rod but it was really meant as a reel for single handers. Better off for example with a Marquis salmon 2 or 3 for the rod you asked about.

Jonathan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marquis 8/9

Hey Jordan,

Jonathan is correct, the Marquis 8/9 would never work on an 8136 spey rod. That would be like trying to put a pony saddle on a clydesdale.

The name Marquis 8/9 is simply the model name given to the reel by Hardy. I loaded it with ~ 75 yards of 20# backing, a standard Windcutter 678 and used it on a Winston BIIx 11' seven weight. It worked great in that capacity.

Anyway, to clarify, it would not work on an 8136, but thanks for your interest just the same.

RS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts