Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a while to find these so I thought I would post em for all to see. These are for the full floating versions but I think all the different sinking versions carry these same specs.

WF 8/9 12 meters (~39ft) 21 grams (324 grains)
WF 9/10 14.5 meters (~47.5ft) 30 grams (463 grains)
WF 10/11 15.9 meters (~52 feet) 42 grams (648 grains)

-sean

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Thanks Sean,

I've been looking for these numbers. I wonder if the shooting heads are the same specs? Might be a good question to ask our friend Andy Murray.

Juro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Last week, I became the Hardy Mach 1 Salmon Clear Intermediate WF9/10.

Length : 32m. / 36 yds. (with integrated Running Line

Weight : 32 gramm (Head)

In Germany (Stade/Hamburg) it is too cold to cast, I have tested the Line on my Guideline LPXe 14ft for 30 minutes :( In this time, I have not enough tested, but it seems, I must buy a second Running-Line for this package

:D

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Metallicus -

Greetings and welcome to the community!

I have cast the floater and find it to be a fantastic short spey line that also overhand casts very nicely.

The tip of the line (floating) is a bit fine for what I mainly use it for (saltwater flies), and I will be trimming it back gradually to find the turnover I want but in general the line has a beautiful taper and shoots very well.

I haven't tried the intermediate yet but I fish mostly intermediates while double-handing in saltwater so your positive comments are exciting to hear. I will order one to test before the season gets going...

but for now we are freezing in below zero temperatures (farenheit)!

Stay warm and thanks for the testimonial,
Juro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Juro,

The Hardy Mach 1 Line is generally relatively thin, contrary to the Guideline shooting heads widespread here in Germany
The Hardy Mach 1 is new in germany and now sells off :mad:

Many people here in germany, which threw this line, are very inspired.

In Germany we need this type of Line to fish in the "Elbe" and "Oste" near hamburg
(Oste for lax). I've tested the Lines in Denmark, Sweden and Norway

But ... you need a second Running Line :D

I hope you understand me, my english is ... ok very bad . :D

....and ... Stade/Hamburg 6 degrees celsius (i don't know how many in fahrenheit) - Tomorrow I will drive to the sea named "Kreidesee" in Hemmoor (you know?).

J

·
0 Posts
Degrees Celsius times 2 plus 32 comes out quite close from freezing to the normal high end for air temperatures. (6X2)+32=44 degrees F. I can only wish for temperatures in that range right now.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts