Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Guy from Brazil has reached out to me over on SkagitMaster looking for a fast action heavy 2 hander for chasing Golden Dorado. He has asked about the Grey GS 15' 10 wt and I do not know anything about these rods but they appear to be entry level rods - can't seem to log into Hardy website?

Anyone have info on the rod action of these rods?

Best
Rick

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred - will post over there- wish you a great new year - my last in the working world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On to fishing!!!
Best,
Rick

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
The GS range were the cheaper end of the Grey's range & were OK - but if you can track down a GRXi rod instead [these were the next range up, still quite inexpensive though] they are a much better rod.

Much better than many other far more expensive rods as well; in fact if you get the chance to acquire an 11' 6" #6wt one of these then grab it as they are a beautiful little double hander [but not what I would call a switch rod, it's a proper mini double hander].

Regards, Tyke.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
When I began using DH rod in SW I did use Greys 15' 10wt 6 piece travel rod. When there was no wind I was able to cast 120ft but when there was wind distance drop and it was hard work. Also landing fish alone was more difficult than with short SH rod.

Recently I have used 10' and 11' DH when casting overhead and 12'6'' when Spey casting and performance does not drop too much when wind speed increase. That 12'6'' was originally very cheap Shakespeare Expedition 15' 11wt 6 piece where I made new handle to second thickest section. I cast about 700gr line heads with it.

Esa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts