Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone fishing the Hardy Demon switch rods? I have the 11’ 5/6 that I haven’t cast yet. Would be interested what you guys are fishing on these bad boys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone fishing the Hardy Demon switch rods? I have the 11’ 5/6 that I haven’t cast yet. Would be interested what you guys are fishing on these bad boys.
I have 3 of the Hardy Jets & Demon switch rods...Absolutely fantastic rods with Scandi bodies & tips or the Scientific Anglers spey lite skagit or scandi integrated lines.,,extremely light, powerful & sturdy rods...go get em ...!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just bought that rod. Have not fished it, just tried some lawn casting. Used a 400 gr SA floating head. Loads easily for overhead and the spey/switch casts (what I could do on snow) the rod seemed to flex deep. I think this will be a real winner at my favorite place. GLS!

·
The Skeena in the fall
415 Posts
I have a Demon 13'9" #9/10 for the Skeena.
Terrific rod
580 gr Scandi is perfect for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how would that scandi work for mice you think?
In my experience most scandi heads have too fine a taper in the sub 360 grain range to turn over big mouse patterns. With that said I usually use a short skagit head a bit lighter than you would normally use and sustain anchor cast with it.. it’s not exactly pretty but then again throwing a big mouse pattern isn’t all that pretty to begin with lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts