Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a Hardy C. C. de France bamboo fly rod for sale. This is a scarce 3-piece, 2-tip rod that measures 8'0". The serial number, E77367, dates the rod to 1951. The rod is marked The C. C. de France Palakona Regd. Trade Mark. It has Hardy's "agatipe" stripper guide and tiptops. All sections have full intermediate wraps. Reel hardware is hooded butt cap with a sliding band. The rod comes with its original Hardy bag and 2 original acorn style ferrule stoppers. It weighs 4-1/8 ounces.

The rod is in very good, little used condition. As far as I can tell, the rod is entirely original. I see no marks in the cane and no signs of repairs. The agates at the first guide and both tiptops appear to be free from any chips or cracks. All sections are full length and straight. Ferrules fit properly. Wraps are generally sound with some evidence of dryness. The bag is in very good condition, free from any holes, snags or stains.

Price reduced to $425 for the rod plus $14 insured postage to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees.

PM if interested.

Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts