Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Hardy builds a salt water reel they go 'hell bent for stout.' Originally purchased this reel for use on a 10/11 spey rod with King Salmon in mind; but 'age' took care of that. Too old to swing that kind of equipment anymore.

Save for putting on a rod once (check reel seat) reel has never been within 10 miles of water. :hihi: Reel condition is 'NIB' save for the box is long gone. Bit unusual but with a flip of a switch reel goes from free spool to drag. Drag is not adjustable. Reel includes backing.

$250.00 USD.

Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reels never even had a line on it.

Got pics Fred? It's a mooching reel, I have a Dingley version and am interested in your reel
No pictures as I'm a total Luddite as to how to do that. The few I've done were attached to a e-mail and 'he' posted up the photo ....:roll:

Anyway, not a scratch/nick on it, perfect condition as in 'New in box.' Actually, save for checking the 'foot sizing' the reel has never seen a fishing rod or a line.

Time to pass this one to some one who can use one of Hardy's best ever for Salmon fishing, think Kings. What folks pay for 'used/aged' Hardy reels makes me roll my eyes .. until I write the cheque. "Come to me my preshious!" Spelling intended, what the heck is it about old Hardie's that folks don't think twice before they hit the 'BUY button?' :hihi:

Me too!

Only reel I've ever seen that with a simple flip of a switch you go from free spool to a pre-set drag. That simple flip will/would let an Alaskan King know 'Houston, we have a problem.'

Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts