Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
for the first part of your question the answer is YES and for the second part: all you have to do is loosen and remove a screw using a flat screw driver or if on water and don't have one a nickle or quater will do, and also be
sure to turn the screw to the right as its is a lefthand thread ( i already broke one and its very easy to do since the screw is made out of nickle silver). after removing the screw keep turning the spool to the left until it comes of the thread. and thats it. :)

SpeySeb

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
I'm considering the 4", the green with pearl side plates.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
The only thing to consider about the V is that it is more perforated and lighter than IV which is a little light for my tastes to begin with. Fun reels to use though!

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am considering the 4" Green one to go with my Winston BIIx Spey :)

Sadly, no deal - $615.00 from one the site's sponsors.

David

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a 4" mark IV in excellent condition, with a spare spool and backing for sale. pm me for more details and pictures

SpeySeb

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpeySeb,

Thanks, but I just commited to purchasing a V from one of the site's sponsors.

Jamey McLeod is looking for a IV ........ (do I get a referral fee?) :chuckle:

David

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reel

I just walked in the door a couple hours ago returning from four days fishing spring creeks. I was happy to see the arrival of a new Mk V. The reel is goregous!

David

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
voodoofly said:
The reel looks even better with a fish next to it.

Gary

Yeah, but that fish would make anything look good :hihi: . Surprised to see it setting on a rock, you always make me go stand in the grass if I even dare to ask to hold it. :razz:

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hardy & Meiser

Voodoofly,

I just ordered a Meiser yesterday for which the Mk V is now destined. :hihi:

The only bad news is when my wife saw the reel she asked if her spey rods could have the same reel on them. Sigh.

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well you can look at it one of two ways. If your wife wasnt in to spey fishing she might complain about all this stuff and not allow you to buy anything. But since she is you now have to buy two of everything. I hope to god you are independently wealthy. :eek:

·
fly on little wing
1,116 Posts
yo David

What rod did you order? Your wife has good taste. Buy one for her.

Gary

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Rod

The 13' Highlander 7/8. I am trying not to duplicate rods but have similar rods so that we can both fish together. We don't have to have two of everything as I will be fishing more than she will be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts