Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hopeless Romantic...
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the width of the spool? I'm guessing one inch...
Wondering what size delta you can get on it w/ enough backing to hold a fish in the pool...

·
Hopeless Romantic...
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad, not the taupo, the old ones...Sounds like more of a switch capacity reel-

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
It's the 3 7/8 I was referring to. My taupe will take 150 yes 30 lb and a delta 6/7.

The 3 7/8 is less capacity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine measures 3/4 inch, not much capacity, I have a short skagit and mono running line, I think I have about 75 yds 30 lb backing

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Now you got me wondering, so I went and gave it a quick measure (with a yardstick, not calipers, so just close, not exact)- looks to be around 5/8's of an inch wide.

The 3 7/8 I have is one of the nicest Perfects I have, but I have to admit, one I have yet to find the right fit for. It's a bit heavy for it's capacity, (mine with line guard is heavier than my Taupo without line guard). I've used it on an 11'7 4/5, but a bit heavy. Building a 10 1/2 ft glass switch this winter, may be the one. For now it's on a sh 8 wt cane rod.

·
Hopeless Romantic...
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SLSS, thanks, that answers my question, looks like I need a 3 3/4 salmon perfect... CHACHING!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts