Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beulah 10'-6" 4/5 wt custom switch rod

ROD
Beulah custom built 10'-6" 4/5 wt. Bought a year ago from a fellow Speyclaver. I added some more customization to handle. Rod sack-no tube.
Excellent condition. asking $300 shipped cont USA Buyer pays any PayPal fee (4%)

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW:
This setup has landed Steelies and Browns up to 8-9 pounds with no problem.
Probably would work well for smallmouth bass as well! :)

A very light in hand setup.....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Jim, your reel was actually worth more as it was..by what you did you pretty much killed any value in it.....which kind of sucks for these old reels..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup...
I guess I like shiny versus beat up. I suppose I could throw it down the concrete walk a few times to develop a new patina. :chuckle:

Seriously...I really thought I'd hold onto the reel for myself, so I made it look like new vs antique. My taste... (but maybe not the taste of a collector) ;)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I don't mind it either..but have seen guys sand or polish off the finish and not knowing kill it's value...Even having them re leaded etc. Its a cool reel that at least I haven't seen many of...keep it and enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumpity Bump

Almost time for big water trout and small water steelies.

Worse case will be to keep and fish the combo myself... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in the reel. My only concern is whether your first picture of the reel shows a crack that extends from the spindle to the rim, or is that a scratch? If it is only a scratch, please pm me so we can arrange a purchase.

Thanks,
Gearhead

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Gearhead

PM reply sent.
There are No cracks or scratches on the reel plates or frame.
But, Let me know what you want to see more closely and I will e-mail additional photos of that area.

Thanks-
Jim

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more time
Price drop to $280 shipped Cont USA
buyer pay PayPal fee (4%) if applicable.

Thanks for looking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts