Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I'm new..........
Hi........I have a friend that has a House of Hardy #10 Graphite salmon Fly 15'4" 467cm patent 1429 309 Spey Rod.
It has a real heavy shaft, rather thin upper handle and a heavy lower handle. The whole rod is very heavy. It seems to be a mid flex and will roll cast a freakin mile....or at least 110 ft of it or so. I was unable to arialize any casts the little time I tried it. Fatigue set in quickly.
Can anyone tell me what this rod is worth? It has very small eyes on the upper section. One stripper was replaced. Otherwise it's in good clean shape.
thanks,
8wt

·
Registered
6 Posts
8wt said:
:confused:I'm new..........
Hi........I have a friend that has a House of Hardy #10 Graphite salmon Fly 15'4" 467cm patent 1429 309 Spey Rod.
It has a real heavy shaft, rather thin upper handle and a heavy lower handle. The whole rod is very heavy. It seems to be a mid flex and will roll cast a freakin mile....or at least 110 ft of it or so. I was unable to arialize any casts the little time I tried it. Fatigue set in quickly.
Can anyone tell me what this rod is worth? It has very small eyes on the upper section. One stripper was replaced. Otherwise it's in good clean shape.
thanks,
8wt
I am new to this forum, so this reply is a little late. Did you ever find out about the price of the Hardy rod? I was in the Hardy HQ in Alnwick this last May and based on the people I talked to there, I think they would be very interested to comment on your rod. I'm sure you can get in touch via the Hardy website. I bought a Hardy spey rod from the discount rack at the factory shop and it was over $1000. The full price for the lowest end spey rod was much more than that....you may have a treasure on your hands!

·
Registered
19 Posts
"I am new to this forum, so this reply is a little late. Did you ever find out about the price of the Hardy rod? I was in the Hardy HQ in Alnwick this last May and based on the people I talked to there, I think they would be very interested to comment on your rod. I'm sure you can get in touch via the Hardy website. I bought a Hardy spey rod from the discount rack at the factory shop and it was over $1000. The full price for the lowest end spey rod was much more than that....you may have a treasure on your hands!"

here in the uk the old Hardy carbon rods are not held in such high regard. re their value second hand, if you get £150 for one you have done well,I had a Hardy 15ft Spey,in pristeen condition took it in to a major Hardy dealership to upgrade to a £800 Hardy, they offered me £100 part exchange they didn't even take it out of the sock to look at it.
sold it to a guy on the river for £200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts