Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're finally getting a meltdown here on the east-coast, ALMOST feels like spring today!!!

Looking forward to seeing some of these flying around...

Thanks for looking my friends,

-Bill

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Just Beautiful!!!

Not quite there - but soon and this would absolutely "clean-house" 'round here...

Again Bill: Beautiful bit of Tying.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
Beautiful Bill, and Happy Spring to you too. You folks back there deserve a break and I hope you have a great season. Here it's been spring for weeks the plants just don't know it yet. The rivers still have ice due to a cycle of thawing and refreezing, each time they were warm they got another 6" of over flow on them which then made more ice next cold spell.

But we have no snow. I thought they may move the Iditarod to Boston but they ran out of Fairbanks because there was snow there.............

Nice Butter Fly :)

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
I assume your fishin boxes are fully filled huh? :chuckle:

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
On a serious note has anyone seen butterfly being munched by trout before?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments, it was just a fun little diversion from tying the same old stuff.

As far as trout taking butterflies, I recall reading that Ed Hewitt developed his Neversink Skater after seeing trout leaping from the water to catch them mid-air!

I've never seen trout do that, but I have seen bass clear the surface to devour dragonflies- going to have to try a dragonfly pattern now!!

Thanks again,

-Bill

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Thanks for the comments, it was just a fun little diversion from tying the same old stuff.

As far as trout taking butterflies, I recall reading that Ed Hewitt developed his Neversink Skater after seeing trout leaping from the water to catch them mid-air!

I've never seen trout do that, but I have seen bass clear the surface to devour dragonflies- going to have to try a dragonfly pattern now!!

Thanks again,

-Bill
great fly, thanks

ive seen trout taking flying dragon flies on lake edges before. its awesome to watch, then go catch a couple, haha.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Cool fly, ya that would skate for sure. My friend does a parachute skater, not that big but looks close.

·
Administrator
19,096 Posts
Happy Spring to you too Bill !!
I just got home and it's starting to look like spring here at home.
Been working up by James Bay and it will be June before the snow melts this year :(:(

Very cool creation Bill, I really enjoy your work !!

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts