Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy birthday guy!,,boy!,,if only i was a young man again! and a rodbuilder at that!!!hahahaha,,hope all is well your end!,and many more birthdays ahead for you!;)

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Thanks

Dear Hammer et al--

Thanks for the b-day wish. I find myself in Washington D.C. studying law, trying my best to have a fishing life as well as a studying life. The shad should be running up the Potomac in the next few weeks and you know I will be there, speyrod in hand.

Had good luck with carp in the C+O canal.

If there are any other DC spey enthusiasts, please IM me and we can get together to cast, fish or shoot the ****.

Cheers to you all--

the former brooklyn angler

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
`dc Angler!'

i like that!,,`our voice in the capitol':smokin: ,stay with it!,it's a long road,i have a 20 year old who's in the `pre-law' stage at this point,,i hope she makes it!,being a girl one never knows,the best to you! now get back to work!:lildevl: and be sure and let us know you're `stretching a line' around there,it might be a safer venue for our `government officials' to spend thier time learning snap-t's,snakerolls and doublespey's than birdhunting eh!?:lildevl: :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
445 Posts
...........Hammer,we gotta pray they don't take up speycasting. The next thing you know,one of them will strangle themselves with a cast(What do you call a politician who strangles themselves while speycasting? A start!!:saevilw:), then there will be special permits to cast,to own a spey rod,or,heaven forbid, to have a murderous spey line in your posession!!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aye lad!

and a good start indeed!hahaha,hey!,i `belive' in the system we have here choosing a `president' from the public,,but i'm ~beginning~:roll: to lose faith in the ones we end up with,!!!!,i'll `leave it go' right there:tsk_tsk: (i see men in black suits out by the fenceline:eek: );)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahahaha

yes!,,but it's only for the neighbors cattle(witch the wife sold when he died last year,(don't pee on it!:saeek: ):chuckle: and now `they' are `partitioning' the property,,my bro-in-law is the realestater doing work and if there's a penny,:roll: ,well,he'll `git er' done'),,so i guess i need to run the 220 leads out there:devil: ,and maybe i can get my bro-in-law to come and `hang' over the fence when i plug it in,,:Eyecrazy: ,21 years here with nobody near me and now===i just can't wait to wake up to the sound of concrete trucks and nail guns:( ,,aw well=AGNESS OREGON is quiet!,and big wide runs just whispering for big wide speyrods:smokin: that's where i'm going!;) :hihi:

·
Registered
445 Posts
...............well,the cattle or the men in the black suits.....probably degrading to the cattle,but what is the difference? Give em' the ''juice'',that's what I say!!!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welll

i `had' a 2500 pound black angus bull on the other side of that fence for years that i hated:saevilw: ,every year the fruit trees would come full and he'd bust down the fence(dirty bast---!),and then the old man died:( ,and within a couple of weeks all sorts of people showed up,took the bull's `harem',calfs and all,,chased him around out there for half a day,even on tractors:rolleyes: finally giving up,they left him with one cow,,they couldn't `take him':lildevl: watching the old bull out there in the field one day shortly thereafter i noticed he had a bad foot,couldn't hardly move,turned out he broke it,,so then i felt sorry for him:( ,seemed like once he had nothing to fight for he,,,well,,,i don't know what happened to `old bull' but i DO know one thing=he had some balls!:hihi:and,they couldn't take him :razz: ,,,and those two items alone earned MY respect!:hihi: ,,now,,i've got a sirloin to fry up,,:eek: poor old bull!:smokin:

·
Registered
445 Posts
...................Hammer,enjoy that sirloin!!! Opened a bottle of cabernet when I got home from work, and,even though it's 2 degrees F outside,through some deer chops on the grill and just finished a wonderful meal!!!:smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts