Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I was just wondering if anybody here has any experience with the Guideline rods . The one in particular I`m interested in is the 13ft. 8/9 . I have yet to lay eyes on it , let alone cast it . It is my understanding that the rod`s action is fairly fast , and that it would be a good rod for the underhand cast . Is this accurate ?

Any thoughts on build quality ? Are there any other rods on the market with similar action to this rod .

I can`t just go look at the rod , as it`s three hours away from here , but I may be interested in working out a trade for it in the near future .

Any , and all help will be appreciated .

Cheers

·
Registered
328 Posts
LPXe?

The guideline rods is avalible in many series... is it the LPXe you are asking about?

If so, the LPXe 13´ #8-9 3pice is very similar to Loomis GLX 13´ #8-9... a good rod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
guideline lpxe 12. 6'' 8-9# = remarkable value for money at £250 thats a third of the price of a loomis in this country. NOt to sure about US prices.

The rod is a cosmetic copy of a GLX. But so what ! its a fast rod for sure.

Theres gonna be shockwaves with guideline in the uk thats a fact . the rod sings with a guideline shooting head and handles a 8/9/10 windcutter multi tip well.

im not an expert but ive found it a joy to fish with.

buy one I say!

if you dont like it then its another step closer to that ultime rod out there somewhere.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I`m not sure which series this rod belongs to . I`m still waiting to hear back from it`s owner . We`re trying to work out a trade for his rod for my Dyna-King Barracuda . How do the other series of Guidelines compare to the LXPE ?

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
LPXe

The LPXe rods have a delightful action, loads of reserve power, and are not too expensive. I can fish one all day and come home smiling. Put a Power Taper on and go fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts