Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone tell me how this setup would cast, guideline pt dual floater, 8/9with 5 foot polyleaders in different densities. cheers caperer

G

·
Personally, I don't generally like 5' or 7' polyleaders with a double-handed rod. I almost always use 10' or longer (up to some 17' models I got from Loop years ago.) Shorter ones seem to be clunky to cast. Also, since longer leaders usually work better on double-handed systems, especially if you're casting underhand, it'll be hard to make a leader long enough. One solution might be what Fred does, and that is use a long length of mono butt section, then the polyleader, and then a tippet. It might still be pretty clunky to cast, but it should be somewhat better. If you haven't purcahsed your polyleaders yet I would just get the 10' models. I think you'll love the Guideline PT head.

G

·
Personally, I don't generally like 5' or 7' polyleaders with a double-handed rod. I almost always use 10' or longer (up to some 17' models I got from Loop years ago.) Shorter ones seem to be clunky to cast. Also, since longer leaders usually work better on double-handed systems, especially if you're casting underhand, it'll be hard to make a leader long enough. One solution might be what Fred does, and that is use a long length of mono butt section, then the polyleader, and then a tippet. It might still be pretty clunky to cast, but it should be somewhat better. If you haven't purchased your polyleaders yet I would just get the 10' models. I think you'll love the Guideline PT head.

·
Registered
104 Posts
polyleaders

Try the 12' or 7' powerflex core sinking leaders from Rio. They cast nicely on these lines. The Airflo 10' leaders cast good too, but I prefer the Rio leaders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts