Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who have the guideline heads. Looking to get a hover and the s4/5 for my atlantis to fish on Cape Cod this year.

Want to get the head around 38' and in a grain range of 500-550. Would like to know if I got the 10/11 lines and took off 6' from the back taper would it get me in that range? Or should I get the 9/10?

Hoping for a chart like RIOs for thier scando heads...

-sean

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sean, I would definitely drop the people at Guideline an e-mail. If you get to talk to Leif Stävmo or Håkan Norling you´ll get all the help you need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guideline heads

Sean,
I have the 9/10 floating and the floating/s1. Both are around 490grains at 35'. Adding one ft is about 14grains. So your 38' head should weigh around 530 grains.
On the the guideline website you'll find a simple chart. The chart tells the 9/10 floater and the slower sinking lines 540grains at 39'. Very similar to the specs of my heads.
I don't own a s4/s5 but the chart tells them to be much heavier: the 9/10 with 540grains at 34'.
The s4/s5 isn't availible lighter than 9/10. So I would decide for the 9/10 both the hover and the s4/s5.
Stefan

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Sean.
pm me and I will put you in touch with my friend Toni Karuvaara.Guide line rep in Finland.
Speyladdie. :smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts