Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the two-handed thing. Been float-fishing and fly-fishing for salmon and trout since childhood but only got the spey bug recently. Done a lot of gear fishing for bass and panfish too, but mostly kept to brook trout and brown trout in spring creeks in Southern Ontario on ultralight gear. Love trying out new techniques and schools of fishing. Even fished Tenkara exclusively for a few years and have been dabbling into euro-nymphing lately.

A couple years back, fished exclusively with the OPST skagit heads for a season on my single-handers and I guess it was only a matter of time before I got into the two-handed thing. Been very fun so far learning sustained anchor and touch-and-go casts. Opened up a lot of previously inaccessible water to me.

Been forutnate to get my first switch rod recently—and Echo Glass 6110. Planning to pair it with the OPST 275g smooth line and their suite of tips and polyleaders. Trying to figure out what reel to balance it with—thinking Hardy Salmon 1 or 2. Would love to hear your opinions and thoughts on that.

Cheers,

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
Welcome to the Speypages !!
Always nice to greet a fellow Ontarian into our community :)
Enjoy your time here.

Mike

·
Brockton
427 Posts
Welcome! I’m also in Toronto, and fish a lot of glass (when I’ve the time to get out at all). Should get together when things thaw. Which will be sometime in June at this rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts