Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished this Green Highlander (the tarty Pryce-Tannatt version) a couple hours ago, though I only had to add the roof, sides, horns and topping, the rest had been sitting on my bench for about a month waiting to be finished.
. The wing is a weird one, tippet in stands; I married the colored strips to woodie, mounted it, then married the natural fibers and mounted them on top. Sides are pintail rather than teal. Crow is sub from the feather merchant. Put the on and brushed it a little. Hook is B&R Jock Scott 4/0

Probably the last fly from me for a few days at least....

Merry Christmas everyone

Eunan

Wing 1

Wing 2

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
first time i see this version and i like it. i like the wing look old school and the proportion with tail and topping are nice

·
Administrator
19,448 Posts
Nicely done Eunan :smokin:
I have never tried to marry wood duck into a wing like what you have done , some fine skills !!
I tie both the Kelson and P-T versions for my fishing flies and truth be told , the P-T version out-fishes the Kelson ... there , I said it , I feel better now :hihi:

I enjoy viewing your work Eunan !!
The profile and proportions are spot on with this fly ... fabulous work !!

Mike

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.

Nicely done Eunan :smokin:
I have never tried to marry wood duck into a wing like what you have done , some fine skills !!
I tie both the Kelson and P-T versions for my fishing flies and truth be told , the P-T version out-fishes the Kelson ... there , I said it , I feel better now :hihi:

I enjoy viewing your work Eunan !!
The profile and proportions are spot on with this fly ... fabulous work !!

Mike
Have you ever tied or fished the maxwell version - it has blue in the wing.

Here's one i tied a couple years ago. Might do it again soon too.

Eunan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts