Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
18,687 Posts
I like the colours of this one !!
Not a typical dry fly style, but almost anything will ride on top if you hitch it :hihi:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zero, zilcth, nada!! Only fished for 3 hours, a good bit of the time hiking through the snow. One hit, and that was it. And, getting use to what I realized was too much rod and the wrong line for the water I fished was a learning curve. Switch rod would have made a difference. Oh well, hope to get back out again in March, in the meantime I'll just keep happy tying! Good thing was it was glorious being totally alone on the river, other than talking with a guy and his dog, so well worth the 9 hours driving.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Zero, zilcth, nada!! Only fished for 3 hours, a good bit of the time hiking through the snow. One hit, and that was it. And, getting use to what I realized was too much rod and the wrong line for the water I fished was a learning curve. Switch rod would have made a difference. Oh well, hope to get back out again in March, in the meantime I'll just keep happy tying! Good thing was it was glorious being totally alone on the river, other than talking with a guy and his dog, so well worth the 9 hours driving.

That’s a cool dry fly!! And getting a take in February must be awesome. Glad you had fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts