Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Neil Houlding and Rick Whorwood (alphabetical order) both passed their THCI tests today!! ;) Hurray!! Many hours on the river today in very hot weather but they don't seem to mind!!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
There was never any doubt, as hard as these two spey brothas worked to prepare. CONGRATULATIONS guys, you earned it! :smokin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Guy's
Thanks for the kind words. I would like to personally thank Al Buhr and Marty Tannahill for testing us, also Neil Houlding for all the enjoyable hours we've spent learning and preparing for the test (you are the Spey Laddie !! congratulations !!). To all who have helped alone the way I thank you, I'm humbled by your kindness.
Rick Whorwood
P.S. Spey Laddie let's go fishing !!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Way to go!

Congraduations to both of you. Time to relax for a little while with a sense of accomplishment. Klem

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congrats to both of you and welcome to the small club. For me it really sank in when the certificate and badge arrived. Now it's time for a good Cuban.

Leroy............................

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Gentlemen.
Thankyou for the kind words.
After two years and probably over a 1000 hours on the river practicing it was very rewarding indeed to hear those magic words.You passed.
Rick and I had a wonderfull day with Al Buhr.who travelled all the way from Portland to test us.
Super guy and a great caster and teacher.Thanks Al.Love the Square cut by the way. :lildevl:
4 & 1/2 hours in the water on a hot day,30+ degrees was very tiring but I have to say I loved every minute of it.
A big thanks to Simon,Andy,Juro,Chris and Marty for all you help along the way with tips and recomendations.
My buddie Rick for putting up with my abuse for two years.Bye the way Rick the lawyer is currently working on the divorce papers.I get all the rods.You get the line bag. :p
Not fogetting our buddie Julian who was our test dummy on many of the days at the park.
To all our friends and fishing buddies thanks for the encouragment you gave us along our journey.
Apologies to any one I have missed.
I now look forward to the road ahead to share my knowledge with all and become the best Teacher/Instructor I can be.
Regards Speyladdie :smokin:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very well done Rick and Neil, congratulations to you both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts