Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a shout to my fellow Great Lakes anglers on this board.

I'm a long time fly guy but this will be my first year exclusively swinging for GL fish. I played the numbers game for years but haven't looked back since recently taking my first fish on a swung fly.

I tend to fish Ontario tribs, namely the Salmon River. Fish are slowly coming in but majority are still deep in the lake. Unfortunately, as the lake turns over and fish pour in, so will the circus. With that said, I look forward to finding solace this year, taking in the scenery, and hopefully getting a tug or two.
As of now I have trips planned throughout October and November.

This forum has been a blessing and I've yet to stumble across a fly fishing community with as much information and class as this. So, thanks everyone!

Looking forward to some responses from GL guys as our season begins to unfold.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Recently moved out west from Grand Rapids, MI and miss the crap out of fishing the GL tribs. Don't get me wrong I get to fish some beautiful rivers here but just not as often so I'm a bit jealous. I fished the Muskegon as my home water and hit the Grand when I needed a fix, which was often. I hope you have a great season and maybe I could get out there on my sales adventures never fished the Salmon would like to though keep me in mind.

KC

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Borderfly I have not fished any Michigan waters but I've heard great things. Feel free to contact me about the SR! It is a beautiful river with scenery and character and big numbers of big fish.

I also know what its like to not be able to get out as much as I'd like. I am now living in Manhattan and never before has my career been at such odds with my hobby! Maybe one day I will move out west.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts