Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P9144089.jpg
Blue Heron Spey Hook No. 3-1 (top-down)
P9144096.jpg
Grey Heron (BEP.)
P9144100.jpg
South Fork Salmon River Spey No.1 - Marabou and hot pink floss. (D. Burns, featured in Steelhead Fly Tying Guide ((H.K. Helvie, 1994, pg. 71 & 74.))
P9144093.jpg
Miss Grant off-spring. Natural goose shoulder.

The goose shoulder is not burnt to maintain the natural suppleness and volume with one side stripped. I tied the marabou in full from the black wool forward, then two turns at the collar with one side stripped. The BEP is full through the body with two turns at the collar.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Those are very sweet looking morsels! Wish I were back in the Great Lakes region. Hope the fishing is going good there it's dry as crap where I'm at.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
a very fishy looking set. I wish you tight lines on your upcoming adventure. I think you have some good tools for the job. the marabou on these is very cool looking.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Day-um....that is a very fine bit of fly tying! Those should max out the confidence meter when you tie 'em on. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow!
All are nice, but I too like that moss green and orange; Miss G
Hi Tim,
This trip is still very much up in the air - planning ahead I guess. I’m terrible at coming up with tittles to these postings. Subject is easier for me, so GL fall box is what you get - sorry, :eek:.

The Miss Grant off-spring as I dubbed it (again: terrible) and as you know - is missing the tail. Also, the GP tail-slips I’m finding out to be hard working with. It kept splitting on me and would splay more like a dee wing. The BM tent is an attempt at shoring it some.

Thanks to all and for the interest.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
fishy flies there!
A friend of mine tells me that using marabou is like cheating. That purple one is along the same lines! :chuckle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts