Spey Pages banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Greased Line Rod ~ Switch Rod

Sorry for the digression from your begining question. In my view there is no "greased line rod". To me that would be a rod that casts only dry lines or casts dry lines better than most. A rod that is too soft or slow to adequately drive sink tips might fit this category. I asked the "switch rod" question recently of a friend, ( too chicken to expose my ignorance ). The answer was a rod that is still small and/or light enough to be used w/ one hand - - - so you can "switch" from one hand to two hand casting.

Greased line rod

Hi Hisgarness,
Think your right, there is no such thing as a switch rod, but there is and always has been a switch cast, a double handed rod used for switch casting would not be short and stiff, i do like the evolution of it being a rod that can be used to switch from single handed casting to double handed casting. :smokin: O my.
Its funny that when things get over the pond, the names of things change, no wonder i cant keep up, anyway off fishing with my new skigat ,switch spey rod and going to practice my highland aviemore flip cast, before some one steals the name and makes it something totally different. :saevilw:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.