Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just read Fred's last message on the GrandSpey post and (thanks to Dana) feel that RIO should send out the GrandSpey lines to "do the rounds" in terms of product testing.

So, Fred, if you are willing to be the first guinea pig, let me have your shipping address and I will send the lines to you. To make life easy I will send one of each size, just use what you want, then please pass the lines as a package on the next tester.

I guess anyone who is interested in trying these out should then get in touch with Fred, or perhaps Fred you could put up a post asking "who is next".

I would appreciate comments from anyone if this is a good idea.

Thanks in advance

All the best
Simon

:smokin:

·
loco alto!
2,979 Posts
Simon - thanks for coming through with this offer (and fred for priming the pump). I'd love to step in line for a try at one of these grandspeys. I'm bouncing between an XLT (cast at Sandy clave) and a Rio Grandspey for my main rod, being now ready to take the step up(?) from my trusty full DT9 on the 8150.

hat, name, tossed in, etc.

Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe someone could bring a Rod/Reel/Grand-Spey outfit to the Spey Clave this November 30 that we could cast. I, for one, would love to try it out, but don't have a long enough rod or big enough reel.

Cheers,

Michael

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Got them spooled and ready to go

LU2SPEY
Got all three Grandspeys spooled on reels ;ready to go for the Speyday and any one else who want to try them.
Speybum;)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Fastest way to get the lines to me is at the office.

Fred Evans
KeyBank
2 East Main Street
Medford, OR

For the other guys who want them after I've played for a couple of days (and I am looking forward to driving these little beauties!) e mail me at

[email protected]

with your name/address/phone number. I'll set up a running list and include it with the line(s) as I pass them on. (A 'chain letter thing?)

Simon, could you include a couple of very expensive reels with these? Never owned one, and everyone's smart enough not to lend me theirs.:devil:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well !!!!!!! It's alright if you live in the USA

Alright if you live in the colonies but

Everyone is talking about the XLT and Grand Spey

I cannot even buy one never mind have a cast to try one.

Malcolm

M

·
0 Posts
colonies???

We had alittle party back in the late 1700's and all the bloody brit's went home.

guess they did not like our hospitality.

must have been all the salt in the tea ;)

just kidding, please take no offence.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Dear God, now we've got a 'winnie Scotsman' on our hands.

Must be all that cold air blowing up the Kilt.

I'll see that you get one ... but you have to pay to get it back to "this side of the pond." Interesting history bit (the 1700's comment above) is much of modern Canadian History flows out of America's was of independence.

(To over simplify) after the war of independence there were three "political" groups in the budding U S of A: Those that were for the war, those who couldn't care less, and those who were for King George. Group three was given two basic choices: get out or get out. Choose one.

Nothing left for them to go back to England so a substantial number went 'north.' French didn't like that a bit. You still see the results today with the French Prov. in eastern Canada, the rest 'English.'

fae

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sorry

I meant former colonies, your a touchy bunch

Fred no rush the season is closed now till next year. :( :( :(

Out comes the fly tying kit

Malcolm

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
CLOSED! Yuck! Now you understand why we sent you

all "packing" loo those many years ago. :devil:

Here, in the last vestages of 'civilization' known as Southern Oregon we're still going strong. Some you can keep, some you have to turn back, but you can still fish 155 miles of river.

:eek:

Actually, on my way out the door now. Middle-upper Rogue is awash in both kings and fall run steelhead.
fae

PS: keep me posted on when your open to use the lines. I'll still make sure you're on the list. Actually, fishing or no, is it 'ok' to practice cast? Understand that sounds like a dumb question but Europe is Europe.
fae

·
Registered
886 Posts
PS: keep me posted on when your open to use the lines. I'll still make sure you're on the list. Actually, fishing or no, is it 'ok' to practice cast? Understand that sounds like a dumb question but Europe is Europe.
fae

Fred
Apart from making me green with jelousy. The answer to your question is NO. I think the local constabulory would lock you up and throw away the key. Practise casting indeed.

Should you not be packing china, or tea towels instead of enjoying yourself fishing.

Malcolm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Willie Gun

Malcolm, please, think about those living Russia:) ... How could WE try these beatiful lines??? (Answer: we could dreaming about it)

Sincerely,
Alex

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Hi Fred, please put me on the list, I have sent you an e-mail with all the info you asked for. Simon, thanks for doing this as this give's me a chance to try before i buy,tight lines,brian:devil:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fred
Tabernac!!! Vous avez re-ecrire l'histoire de mon paye ,encore !!
C'est q'oui ca ? Les Quebecois sont venu de les Etats Unis ?(that's French for USA ) J'ai mon cris' de voyage !!!
Atually our 2 counties are very much alike .You know that G.W.Bush and J.Chretien were thinking exactly the same thought when they 1st met != "THIS is the best their country has to offer ?"
Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fred, re testing the Grand Spey 9/10

I have sent you an email with my address.

I'm sure that Bob Pauli would like to test the new line. That way two of us can test the line with only one send to. Bob and I belong to the same Fly Club here in the Wine Country.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
VERY IMPORTANT YOU SHOOT ME THAT E MAIL

at the office with your name/address/phone (and what line(s) you want to try.

[email protected]

As I get the e mail I'm acknowledging them so you know you're ón the list.'

fae

Malcom: all packed and in storrage for 4-6 weeks. Joan and I rented a small fully furnished home in Ashland (about 13 miles south of Medford) for 6 weeks. Hope this will give the builder time to finish up our new home. Old friend's fam. line was to the effect of regarless of income, 'station in life,' etc., everything! you own can be put into the back of a big truck. Took two for us, but other than Joan's computer, some cloths, all our wine and my fishing rods 'it's allllll gone.' Truck goes over a cliff and we start all over again (but I'm a firm believer in 'replacement cost' insurance policies.:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Do you ever think I'll see the day when France requires

all lables to be in both French and English??? Sorry, just had to add that bit. Actually, the history lesson was pretty accurate, although simplified. Much of history is writen/re-writen by the guys with more and bigger guns.

The winner's view is the one that prevails. Still love the story (and hope I'm remembering it correctly) of the 'special treatment' the French speaking Providences were going to get ... until a Native Candian legislator in Winnipeg asked the pointed question to the effect 'we were here first, and we don't get any special considerations, so why the French?' Whole thing on changing the Candian Constitution went down the drain.

PS: I have to agree with your 'first time they met' question. But think of how much more fun it would have been if Al Gore had won.

Salar-1 said:
Fred
Tabernac!!! Vous avez re-ecrire l'histoire de mon paye ,encore !!
C'est q'oui ca ? Les Quebecois sont venu de les Etats Unis ?(that's French for USA ) J'ai mon cris' de voyage !!!
Atually our 2 counties are very much alike .You know that G.W.Bush and J.Chretien were thinking exactly the same thought when they 1st met != "THIS is the best their country has to offer ?"
Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
886 Posts
Two Trucks

Fred,
Is there any truth in the rumour that all the Evan's household fitted in one truck and the other was reserved for your fishing tackle.:chuckle: :hehe:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts