Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Got my new Grand Spey out the other day for a little practice casting and when I was finished I was reeling it in when I felt a tick or bump go through the guides of the rod. Sadly I thought I wrecked a brand new line. When I got to the part that was making the tick I found that their was a hair in the coating of the line. It was the two ends sticking out that was making the tick as it went in. Question is does any know the guy from Rio so I can talk with him and see once if it can be replaced. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
...Or, you could take sharp scissors or a razor blade and give your line a haircut. Better than overusing an honest maker's willingness to stand behind his product.

Or would that be splitting hairs?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that to but I am wondering if it will make a weak point in the coating that will in a short amount of time wear down and break away. Right now the line has only been used once. Just don't want to hear "well if you did something about it before it looked like this, I could have done something." Also not looking for handout just want to be able to fish. I don't think one warrenty issue is going to put Rio out of business. Not to mention the fact that I contine to buy and love their stuff.

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Nooksack Mac said:
...Or, you could take sharp scissors or a razor blade and give your line a haircut. Better than overusing an honest maker's willingness to stand behind his product.

Or would that be splitting hairs?

I don't think that sending the line back is beyond reason. I don't think that Rio would have any problem making right something that was flawed in the production process.
Then again I wouldn't take delivery of a new vehicle if it had a dent in the door either. Call me crazy... :Eyecrazy:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
I'd take it back to the shop where I bought it and show it to the owner. He should want to replace it immediately. It may be a small thing, but at $75 a pop it's a big thing too. The shop owner won't be out anything as the manufacturer will credit him the lines value. Production run defects happen and replacing these when found should be done gladly.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey deegan...

I agree with Moose. I've sent you a PM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ryan- Your line is reaching puberty. During this phase hair will grow is some interesting places. :hihi:
That line missed being caught during one of the Quality Control processes. I would be happy to exchange it out for a replacement line. Please send the line to...
RIO Products attn: Zack Dalton
5050 S Yellowstone Hwy
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
I'll send a replacement the same day of receipt.

Sincerely-

Zack Dalton
RIO Products

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,480 Posts
Do SpeyPages sponsors have the best customer service in the world or what? Simply outstanding!

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
sinktip said:
Do SpeyPages sponsors have the best customer service in the world or what? Simply outstanding!
Tip-
I'd argue with you if you were wrong! Just goes to show you what kind of company Rio strives to be!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all

Thanks to all with the help!! This site rocks!! Zack, I will get the line in the mail asap. And your explanation of what happend to the line was hilarious!! :D

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
HMMMMmmm??!!

{ :eek: No, please don't say it Moose, don't do it....}

Ahem..
Makes one wonder just what goes into that slickshooter coating of theirs.

{ :Eyecrazy: ARRGH!! I knew he wasn't going to be able to keep his mouth shut!!}

·
Registered
630 Posts
Man that is a serious bad visual, not gonna go there!!! :hihi:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts