Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's cool to ask questions like this but here goes!
I have fished the Catt and the Salmon for the past ten years. I would like to branch out a little and fish some other rivers that are good for spey casting but aren't super far from Mass. Say more than ten or elleven hours. I have heard that the Grand is a sweet river that doesn't see the presure as bad as some of the other rivers. I also heard that it is an ideal river for spey casting and fishing. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks a ton, PB

·
Registered
565 Posts
The steelhead waters on the Grand are excellent for swinging the spey rod.
I live about 1/2 hours drive from the upper part of the steelhead section and about the same from the brown trout waters.When would you be considering
coming up. The brown trout section is closed for the season but the steelhead section has an extended season until the end of December after which it closes till the last Saturday in April. Two other spey friendly rivers you might consider are the Maitland which flows into lake Huron at Goderich
and the Saugeen which flows into it at Southampton. If you would like more detaile dinfo send me a pm or email and I will gladly help as best I can.
Thanks,Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.