Spey Pages banner

Grand River Oct. Clave attendance

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  driftin 
#1 ·
Will be there for sure.
(Guess I better had eh!) :roll:
Speyladdie :smokin:

#8 ·
I'm sure Rick will tell you more details when he see's this.
Today Rick and I were at the clave venue to make plans for the casting competition.
We have a nice spot picked out with lots of room for casting.
I will bring this to Ricks attention and get him to tell you all about it.
Speyladdie :smokin:

#9 ·
Grand River Oct 1-2 Clave

Hi
The Demos will start at 9:15 Saturday and Sunday, Saturday they will run till 5:00, Sunday till 3:00, each morning we will have the casting competition eliminations, from 9:15 till 12:00. At 3:00 Sunday the competition will get underway. I believe we'll have more then 30 casting demos in the two days.
There will be manf. rods to cast plus much more. This will be the biggest event of it's kind in the East. A must for anyone interested in Two-Hand and Single Hand Casting.
Rick Whorwood

#10 ·
crossing the border

as an American living close to the Canadian border i wanted to post a note on the crossing. first off the directions and maps are on the clave website on the banner ad above. at the border it is usualy a matter of a few minutes and a couple of questions. have your photo id out and ready (driver liscense). they usualy ask your citizenship and where you are going. you may also be asked if you have anything to declare or any firearms and the like. if you don't look too suspicious (and don't have any firearms :tsk_tsk: ) they tell you to have a nice time and off you go. most of the crossing sites have a currency exchange office adjacent to them to get some funny colored money with pictures on it at the current exchange rate. also beer is sold exclusively at the beer store, so don't wander around the 7-11 looking for it. :)
see you all there it should be one to remember with that line up of talent. don't forget to pre register also it will help Neil a great deal with the particulars.

#11 ·
Grand River Oct Clave

Thanks Nick
As you know first hand it's a big job putting this kind of event together, last time Neil and I didn't really get to see any of the demos, most likely it will be the same this time around. Oh well. Time is ticking please sign up, we look forward to your support
Rick Whorwood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.