Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my echo classic 5w switch has a grain weight window of 270 to 330 anyone know of a skagit head that my rod will be able to handle

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
So my echo classic 5w switch has a grain weight window of 270 to 330 anyone know of a skagit head that my rod will be able to handle
Rio Skagit Max Short - either 275, 300 or 325 grains (all @ 20' long)

OPST Commando heads: - either 250, 275 or 300 grains ( either 13.5 or 15' long)

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Any grains within that window. If you look at the 6 WT rod in the same series I'm sure there will be an overlap in the grains window. So, basically you can line the rod as a 4 , 5 or 6 depending on you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the suggestion chart from OPST.

A 225 on my 4/5 is perfect. Lighter works great with these heads
So with your 4/5 and the 225 what kinda sink Tips are you using with this setup,trying to figure out what kinda set up to pick up on the weekend,going to be headed south to smithers for a few days and want to get some gear for when I head back home to fish the local rivers
rivers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still new to the spey world and still have no experience with tips, as I have a skagit rage compact and was told it doesn't have the power to turn over tips, the shoots I will be fishing mostly are pretty calm waters with a bar that has a 10 foot pool running on the far side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts