Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One im looking to weight is the heaviest 15' versileader. On paper it states almost 180 grains... im having trouble believing that.

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyways... what is the actual weight of the 7.0ips 15' versileader?

Im having hard time to think that its 180gr... I handled one few times and it just didnt feel to be anywhere in that category... Flyfishing research tested this leader and equivalent sunken depth found this leader to be in same range as 13.5 t14 thats as deep as I will ever want to get. But that 180gr would make sense then... lol im lost...

I want to loop one on my multi tip 7/8 Deltas to see if it is castable at all.

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No im not looking to cast big flies with my Delta 7/8 but I feel that those supplied 13' tips are a bit light to some winter water I fish. Braided cores on tips traps air and are generally thicker than those with mono cores. Thicker the tip the more water lift.

Im just gonna take a jump on this one and do some testing myself. Likely will end up chopping a couple feet of my Deltas.

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
15' 7 ips Rio Versileader is 102 grains based on my scale readings. Thank you all participating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.