Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
JD
3,646 Posts
sink tips

A $10 or $15 grain scale would eliminate all doubt. Al Buhr's little book on How to Design Fly Lines will give you the answers as to how to determine what sink tips will work with what lines. Tools I have found essential in removing all the guess work, not to mention costly & frustrating mistakes, when dealing with sink tips.

·
JD
3,646 Posts
Anyways... what is the actual weight of the 7.0ips 15' versileader?
lol im lost...
I want to loop one on my multi tip 7/8 Deltas to see if it is castable at all.
7.0ips sink rate is Rio type 6, which are available starting at 4wt-61gr. Unless you are trying to turn over intruder type flies, 180 grains is not necessary.

If you are trying to turn over intruder types, I doubt any of the type 6 tips be up to the job due to the mono core upon which they are built. Suggest you have a look at the type 8 tips starting at 10wt-150 grains which I have found sufficient. Although I find T-14 MOW tips better suited for conditions requiring the use of intruders, and that is most likely unworkable on the Delta 7/8

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.