Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had better success setting these wings tonight… took some time to ACTUALLY pick out some players.. I honestly usually just grab the cape and and pluck with out thinking TOO much about it, just try and get close. The 4 wings are 🤙🏼tented🤙🏼 🤣 as I prefer them and I added some barred wood duck for the throat…cuz I’m weird like that.
Finger Recipe Plant Thumb Ingredient

Arthropod Bicycle part Insect Electrical wiring Engineering

Bicycle tire Wheel Automotive lighting Line Bicycle wheel

Hand Arthropod Insect Bait Finger

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Have you ever tried "threading" the stems through the hook eye ? Once set you just bend the stem and pass it back through the eye and cut it off .
Nice fly, BTW

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you ever tried "threading" the stems through the hook eye ? Once set you just bend the stem and pass it back through the eye and cut it off .
Nice fly, BTW
Electrical wiring Cable Wire Fashion design Event

Thank you Salar…
different fly, but yes I prefer to set them thru the eye.

·
Registered
Hardy spey rods and Sharpes Scottie
24 Posts
Beautiful fly Tommy! Did you top the wing? How many feathers? I like how sleek it looks🤙🏼
There are 2 feathers, just laid on top, the stem is flatened before tied in. It looks like you have laid them rooflike? I liked that as well, for a bit more volume. Same fly different expressions!

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just finished this one up before work… it’s currently wet, drying in a plastic straw. I’ll post the final version when I get home. Look forward to seeing your flies Tommy!
Food Recipe Ingredient Wood Dish

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just finished this one up before work… it’s currently wet, drying in a plastic straw. I’ll post the final version when I get home. Look forward to seeing your flies Tommy! View attachment 393267
Very very nice Spey you’ve got there man! Those hackles! Set the traditional way as an oldschool Spey should. Maybe we should swap some!? I’ll posting this evenings fly in a few minutes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Magnificent fly man! I’m going to wind trad.Spey hackle on my fly tonight, trying to set the wings as low as possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My last entry in this tread. Tied a more speylike
fly this time. Hackle, Heron(wich not is forbidden here) is tied in from second rib. Using first a red brest and second a yellow rump as throat. 3 Big brestfeathers laid flat on top, finishing with 2 sligthly dropped JC eyes. The ring….well it is a ring I use when fishing or even tying flies😂

Wood Bait Fishing bait Jewellery Audio equipment

Flash photography Gesture Finger Body jewelry Wedding ceremony supply

Arthropod Wood Insect Parasite Fashion accessory

Hair Head Plant Wood Whiskers
Wood Bait Fishing bait Jewellery Audio equipment
Bait Fishing bait Wood Fishing lure Feather
Arthropod Wood Insect Parasite Fashion accessory

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My last entry in this tread. Tied a more speylike
fly this time. Hackle, Heron(wich not is forbidden here) is tied in from second rib. Using first a red brest and second a yellow rump as throat. 3 Big brestfeathers laid flat on top, finishing with 2 sligthly dropped JC eyes. The ring….well it is a ring I use when fishing or even tying flies😂

View attachment 393403
View attachment 393401
View attachment 393405

View attachment 393402 View attachment 393403 View attachment 393404 View attachment 393405
Badass! The ring too, beautiful!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts