Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been asked to help organize a fall float trip to Western Alaska. My best friend's father contacted me and would like to take his fishing buddy and their wives to AK for a DIY wilderness float trip for fall rainbows... my buddy and I might tag along to help row the old folks down the river and deal with the logistics of the trip.

I'm looking for some info on these rivers and other potential suggestions, namely river character, tent-camp opportunities, and how easily they are wade-fished from gravel bars, banks, and on the drift. Scenery and timing for mid-September 'bows also a consideration. I'm already well aware of the weather factor from previous fall trips to Bristol Bay....

thanks and tight lines!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good Book

I may be doing the same thing this fall or next year. Go to amazon.com and search "Alaska Float Trips." I found "Floating Alaska! Planning Self-Guided Fishing Expeditions (Clear & Simple Guides) [Paperback] by Don Crane (Author) $7 used + $4 shipping. Good book.
Don

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've fished the Goodnews and the Ktok. I used Papa Bear Adventures and Freshwater Adventures. I would recommend them both. Both outfits rent rafts and coolers and other camping supplies. I can't speak for the Ktok in September but if the river is low on the Goodnews, you might be dragging your raft a bit at the beginning. Neither river is technical except the Ktok is longer and has more braids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts