Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the day I'll checked him out every 20 minutes and though obviously slipping, still clear of mind. 1205 he's with me, at 1230 he'd passed.

Sandy, "Alessandro,' came into my life at 11 weeks old and left my life one month short of eleven years. A good run with a very close/trusted friend.

Only thing is I'm sure he's in Better Hands than mine.

Frederick A. Evans

·
Administrator
18,138 Posts
My thoughts go out to you Fred .
Our adorable Golden Retriever will be 13 yrs young this spring .
I can't even imagine what it would be like without tripping over her in the kitchen every time I cook :(

Mike

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't I just wish.

sad day indeed Fred, she saw one last 2 hands event... our thoughts are with your today.
Yellow Lab there was someone else's Fuzz Ball. Sandy was at home totally immobilized from the front legs down. That said, this year was the first '2hands' he didn't attend. There for all the rest; was there anyone who fly fished on the Rogue who didn't know him?

Or, if you were eating your lunch, you were being watched by a set of large brown eyes ... from six inches away. :rolleyes: In the river casting ... God could he 'critique' your flubs. Shake his head and walk away; and you knew, you knew.

Dog has spoken.

fae

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Oh Fred I'm so very sorry. He is in a better place now but I'm sure you were a very close second and maybe a tie.

It warms my heart to know that he got to spend all those years with such a wonderful person.

KC

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Fred. I know that feeling all too well. Bo was a Samoyed husky-German shepherd mix who just missed his 18th birthday by three months if you can believe it. He was an awesome boy with a very strong spirit. I haven't been able to think about another dog since his passing.
I was there at my buddy's house the night we "discovered" that Crystal was pregnant. He was number five of eight pups. Runt of the litter, but had a fire inside of him that none of his siblings had. He was a smokey grey color as a pup and later turned classic shepherd brown. Only sign that he was part Samoyed was the long, thick coat, but with perfect shepherd markings.
Bo was hard of hearing for the last few years of his life, but apart from that, was still very spry for his age. His heart suddenly began to give out, and he lost the function of his hind quarters over night. Decided to do the right thing for him before it got worse. Like you said, Fred -- they're in a better place, and in Better Hands. Sorry for your loss...

Rick

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm sorry to hear Sandy's passed Fred. The two of you both seemed to be going through an awful lot of health issues together. It's nice that you were able to be there by his side until the very end.

Take it as an honor that God thought highly enough of you to put Sandy in your care for his time here on earth. That's a special trust.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Really sorry for your loss Fred. It is really tough to lose a good friend.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From days of joining he home, he was 'home.'

I'm sorry to hear Sandy's passed Fred. The two of you both seemed to be going through an awful lot of health issues together. It's nice that you were able to be there by his side until the very end.

Take it as an honor that God thought highly enough of you to put Sandy in your care for his time here on earth. That's a special trust.
In his day, with Husky, we shared a Queen sized bed. Those two got 2/3'rds, I got what was left over even if it took a "WILL YOU TWO MOVE THE HELL OVER!" Two heads turned and look at each other ... 'He's got to be kidding, right?' Two hundred plus pounds of dog are hard to move without using a 'harsh voice.'

"Husker's" was older than Sandy (no idea by how much) but greatest of Pals even when we lived in Ashland. Husky was a neighbor's dog and Sandy and I off to the Lake or river and he'd come trotting up the service alley and ME TOO!! Chuck his fat butt in the back of the Jeep and off the three of us would go.

Neighbor's moved to (or all places) the middle of no-where in South Africa and 'Would you like to keep Husky?' Hell, dog spent the majority of day light hours at my place so 'You Betcha!'

Husky, the first to go and much the same as Sandy. Back end just gave it up. Him, Sandy and I would sleep next to him out side on the Patio. My present 'condition' makes it a pain in the butt to even get up off the floor. A 'think it through' if you're going to try that for a Doggie Cuddle.

God the fishing trips we three took together: Deschutes river (pay attention for snakes!!), save for the 'Wild and Scenic' section of the Rogue we've been there. Williamson river, Chetco, motor home and 'Guys this is going to be a long trip to get there. Husky would shove himself under my legs in the drivers seat; adjust your driving Fred, Co Pilot has semi-control over the aircraft.:rolleyes:

A few times in a tent, and had to go buy a '4-man,' had a two, but those fellows took up one hell of a lot of room I should have guessed that from the bed-bit). Cold nose on each side of your face and 'snuff/snort' all night. First night sleeping on the ground I was INFORMED "This will just not do!" Both got their own self inflate air mats for the next tent trip.

'Peace in the Valley' those trips. 'Soooooooo, bacon and eggs for 'OUR BREAKFAST?' Well, ya mixed it in with their dog kibble.

Sorry for the ongoing Ramble, but hard not to do look backs in an empty house that used to be a home for all of us.

At the risk of over-statement, I now understand the words: "Void/Empty/too quite." No more Doggies sitting next looking at you, the bag of Dog treats under your office desk, you!-treats-you!-treats-you! treats ... NOW!!!! .. and you will fold like a wet paper bag, submit, and open the bag.

I think the Dogs ran this place, I was just the 'care taker' who made the mortgage payments.

fae

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
You just keep them coming Fred I love reading about the adventures. So right we are just the guys that pay the bills, they run the show.

But you know the love they have for us is just so true! I can come home from a crappy day and my daughter wants something my wife can be nagging me but my two borders are at the door with nothing but wagging tails and licks to the face. They just don't care how bad your day was they are just happy that you are home.

KC

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally understand.

You just keep them coming Fred I love reading about the adventures. So right we are just the guys that pay the bills, they run the show.

But you know the love they have for us is just so true! I can come home from a crappy day and my daughter wants something my wife can be nagging me but my two borders are at the door with nothing but wagging tails and licks to the face. They just don't care how bad your day was they are just happy that you are home.

KC
I don't care how bad a day you are having, or think you're having, a Dog Cuddle will cure almost any 'mental illness.' Repeating myself but a "Dog is the only thing on Earth that thinks more highly of you .. than you.'

A hell of an affirmation IF if you get your head out of your butt.

Me thinks, me thinks to much today.

fae

1 - 20 of 42 Posts