Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gold N' West 13' 8wt. Tigereye special which I believe is early 90s vintage. I recently got a sage 8139 for xmas and since I'm a student, money is chronically short. I'm looking to sell the Gold N' West and I'm wondering if anyone had any idea what its worth. The bottom ferrule is a little it loose, but it doesnt seem to affect the performance.
Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tigereye

Will, I have one too which has never been fished. It was made for me by Mike Maxwell so I will be very interested in its value. What kind of line do you fish on it? Thanks.

Salmoed

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fished it all summer, even though its a bit heavy. I fished a 7-8 CND Gravity Point Spey as well as a Skagit 550. The skagit seemed a bit overlined, and I probably would have gone one size smaller ideally, but the GPS fit it well. You just have to remember that it is a SLOWSLOW rod and fish it accordingly.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Denise was selling off a batch of speyrods about a year ago, if I remember correctly she was asking around Can $ 150 - 200 for the better rods.
speydoc

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Speaking of Mike Maxwell....I got very lucky this past month.

I managed to find a near mint, SIGNED copy of his book
" The Art and Science of Speyfishing", then low and behold I find teh two matching videos the following week. I was thrilled.

Curious to see what his rods would be worth too....it would be nice to have a rod to round out my collection of his.

Does anyone know if Denise this has any rods left?

Thanks
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts