Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen this color variation of the Doctor series of Atlantic Salmon flies. Yes, we've seen Silver, Blue, Black among others, but for me not gold. Therefore I decided to give it a go.

I picked the colors in hopes they would go well with the overall gold theme and I am pleased at this point. The fly itself needs a little finish preening but generally I am also pleased with the result.

It will be a gift for my primary care physician. She is a superb caring doctor and as a 6' tall blond from California that adds to her "Gold" classification to me ⭐⭐⭐

Water Sports equipment Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Wood Recreation

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! I'd also like to point out the hook is a reworked Mustad by my friend Gordeaux from the Pittsburgh, PA area at the far end of the state from me.

·
Registered
Meiser Loop Loomis Lamson SpeyCo
551 Posts
That is a real beauty, George. Having read your description of your physician, make sure you don't confuse vises with vices :cool:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a real beauty, George. Having read your description of your physician, make sure you don't confuse vises with vices :cool:
No worries there. I am 73 years old, HAPPILY married for 36 years and that 30 something doctor is just that...my doctor and my friend 😁

Reactions: GeroV

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all again guys...your words are very much enjoyed and appreciated by me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts