Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to turks and want to share some experiences or place to fish?
Anyone think that I going to look odd casting a 14ft overhead rod from the beach for whatever swims by, I do, but hell if I care

·
Registered
51 Posts
Turks and Caicos????

If you are talking Turks and Caicos you'll probably be the only fly fisher on the island. I lived there back in the early 90's and walked the flats every day on the south end of Provodenciales where I lived. Never saw another angler. All the fishermen out there fished the bluewater or dunked bait on the reefs. Lots of bones there but they all ran small. Had a blast with them on my 6wt single hander.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other then bones, are there jacks, sharks, snappers or anything that will bend a rod around the shore? I guess there is but I just want to catch a lot of different stuff, are most of the shorelines fish small? Any poons? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Provo

I don't remember seeing any poons around but you will find plenty of jacks, yellowtail, grouper and snappers around the reefs. Those should put a nice bend in the rod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Turks & Caicos in August

I was in Provodenciales a couple of weeks ago. The bonefishing was great, a 8 weight rod was perfect. A nine would do. You can check out "Catch a wave" for fly fishing charters. There are a couple of other companies, but they seemed to have the most experience/ best rates.
M~

·
Registered
51 Posts
Provo

When I was living out there the Island was not developed at all. There were a few homes around Turtle Cove, A few being built on the east end of the island and that was about it. There was a Ramada Inn on the island and a Club Med down the beach. There was talk that they were going to build a golf course. From what I have heard, A LOT has changed on that island in the past 12-14 years. I used to wade the mangroves along the southwest end of the island by the airport. Got some strange looks from the locals but caught a lot of fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts