Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my first trip to the OP soon
Here is what i'm hoping works
I've only gotten to intruder style on 35mm, 45mm, and 55mm Partridge waddington shanks
Guessing I should get some marabou and rabbit strips in the mix?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those are looking good , I have had good luck with pink and white , try incorporating a white rabbit strip into a pink intruder . Worked for me !! Good luck .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a Trip to the OP must involve at least one Orange Heron...
I know... unfortunately schedule and the impulse of the trip doesn't leave me time to order irons... largest I have right now are sz6.

I may try to do a few on 15mm shanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
I always fish smaller, mostly because they cast better for me. I like all of them, but especially the blue. Try one with contrast like purple or black in the front. Those are money!

Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm heading that way later this week. Though I fish big ugly Dees and Hairwings, those should do the trick. Good color combos.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would second the rabbit..... especially foot area of the bunny..... never hurts to have one of these in winter :chuckle:

Seriously tho, Great looking lies, nice and sparse. You should have faith in all of those. An orange heron style pattern on a shank would be pretty rad.

Cheers and tight lines on your trip!
James

·
Registered
31 Posts
This one brought me a lot of interest my past trip to the op , not very pretty but I was fishing a big river with a bit of color the white tail wiggles and can be seen very well . Looks like things are low and clear now , so as others have posted bring some smaller classics . Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nice flies. Those with a bit of pink get eaten regularly. Could be cuz a lot of my flies have some pink in them tho. Water's very low. Fish high up in the system if you can, and fish the fast pointy-top water.

Sg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just fished the OP

I just got back from the OP. I strongly recommend having unweighted flies and only fishing weighted if necessary. Also, big isn't always better.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts