Spey Pages banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G.Loomis 14' 4 pc 8/9 GLX Greased Line
Rod is in very good condition- someone should fish it more than I do.
Sock & tube.
$400 shipped Can/USA
Paypal
PM me if interested
Kevin

·
Registered
112 Posts
great rod

Great rod, great price. If I didn't have the sam exact rod, I'd buy it! Someone should scoop this up quick for this price!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Kevin. Please feel free to jump in if I'm out of line.
I always wonder why these rods never sell. If they do, it is for a third of the retail price.
I have a 15' 9/10 that can cast a mile(in good hands, not mine). I love the rod & can compare it to the Meiser highlander. As does Mr. Meiser himself.
A good friend & FFFCC instructor said the 15' 8/9 was one of his favorite rods. Of course, different strokes for different folks....
Is it that, it wasn't marketed as other rod companies do or am I totally missing something.
I wonder if some of the gurus here can shed some light.
Kevin, someone will be really lucky to have this rod.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Hitcher
I don't get it either.The 14' 8/9 GLX is a very underrated rod in my opinion. This rod is very nice to fish. It's very light & feels like most 13'ers and is a pleasure to fish with a 8/9 or it will hit the opposite shore lined with something like a delta 9/10. I'll be just as happy to keep it- I think I'm emotionally attached to this rod anyway.It will not be leaving my hands for less than $350 shipped.I think that's fair for a $900 rod- If not I can live with it some more:)
Kevin

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It will skagit no problem. I've used this rod with skagit heads from 540 to 700 It has power and will turn pretty much any tip you want to put on it with the right head.
PM me if you want more info.
Kevin

·
Registered
478 Posts
I loved my 14ft 8/9 as well. Had it for years. It works very well with a 650g skagit, 570-590 scandi. 8/9 gps rocked for longer lines as well. That rod does it all.

Good luck with the sale

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts