Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if is rod is produced in the good ol USA? Anyone have feedback on this rod? Looking for a good do-it-all stick made in the US.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Don't know about the Gloomis Pro4x. But their are quite a few USA made rods that will do what you want. Meiser, Burkheimer, ACR, etc...

I just bought a Meiser Highlander Classic 13' 6/7/8. A 30-minute conversation with Bob, and he will build the rod you want. :cool:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
As far as I know Gloomis has not moved production over-seas. Meiser's blanks are manufactured over-seas, assembled in OR.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
I have a Meiser as well and it from overseas. I think Sage rolls their own but material I would assume is also from overseas.

I could be wrong on the Sage so please no fits!

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Anyone know if is rod is produced in the good ol USA? Anyone have feedback on this rod? Looking for a good do-it-all stick made in the US.
Yes, all Loomis rods, including the conventional tackle, are made in Woodland, WA.

I have a number of PRO-4x rods including all three switch models, so if you need any info . . .

·
Registered
625 Posts
Peter

PM sent requesting some info.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just thought I'd post my most recent loomis experience.. I have a SH rod that broke, called loomis and they said "sorry about your luck, we decided to stop making this rod so bend over" pretty much I had the choice to use 50% of my rods value towards buying a new stick... I bought a $600 rod thinking I had a lifetime warranty and when it failed they would only stand behind their product halfway because THEY decided to discontinue it...

All this said they do make very nice rods but for me I will stick with a company that 100% stands behind their product and word... For a similar price I would highly recommend looking at burkheimer, meiser, ACR, etc...

Just my pennies worth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts