Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I’m trying to match up my rod with a skagit line but end up more confused as some of the lines are discontinued. Anyone still using this rod and what kind of line and brands are you using?
many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Hello, if its the 13'4" Dredger you are talking about, you can use a Skagit from 450-480, and also a Scandi/rage from 390-420. Just need to go real slow with this stick

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,575 Posts
Jim sounds pretty close there. The Dredger seems to want to be underlined for it's weight class.

Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's a very slow rod that I have trouble with, esp. with heavier tips. FWIW, my two best lines:

Rio 450 Skagit for floating tips and dry flies/grease lining

AirFlo Rage Compact 480: T-8 to T-11 tips, with maximum tip ten feet of T-14

·
Registered
Single hand, switch, spey rods
10 Posts
I had this rod a few years ago, regret selling it because it is a beautiful looking rod.
I used the Airflo compact 480 and it worked pretty well. However, like mentioned above, it is a really slow rod. Slowing down my casting stroke was a must.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had this rod a few years ago, regret selling it because it is a beautiful looking rod.
I used the Airflo compact 480 and it worked pretty well. However, like mentioned above, it is a really slow rod. Slowing down my casting stroke was a must.
Many thanks for the reply! I got a chance to try the same line you suggested with a 12ft tip and it casts beautifully!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts