Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the new Loomis Roaring River series are quite popular nowadays in this site. You can see many of those at the salmon rivers here in the Scandinavia too.
But I haven't seen too many posts about the old GLX 15' 10-11 3-piece salmon rod. Aren't you guys using it at all?
I think it is the most respected big river rod here in my area. It handles both shooting heads and long lines with ease. So it is very versatile rod indeed.

Now there are some rumours, that it is not going to be long in the production anymore. I hope it is not true thought... :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Pauli said:
Were there not major quality problems during the end of the production of the referenced rod? As I recall, it became difficult to buy these rods with straight tip sections.
Yes it was couple of years ago. The ones I've seen since that, has been ok.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I understand Loomis has two in stock and will discontinue the rod this January - likely because the rod is buried in the catalog and must dealer assumed is was discontinued when the roaring river series was introduced. I’m using it with the Snowbee #D 11/12 and XLT 9/10 for the Clearwater.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The GLX Classic 15´ #10-11 3pice is an exelent rod and it have been thaht for many many years now. I can say, one of the best speyrods ever!

But when Loomis released the new Stigner GLX 15´ #10-11 last autum the GLX Classic 15´ #10-11 had to step down to secon place. The stinger 15´ rock´s! :smokin:

It is loading deeper, nicer to play fish on, carrys shootingheads from 33grams to 45grams. Cast´s underhand, modern spey & overhand very very good! We use to say, "It cast like a distance, but its smooth - carry light lines - and is easy to cast like a classic"! Its the perfect Atlantic Salmon rod! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts