Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, what the hell, just do it! :devil:

Tag, silver SM French oval
Tail, topping (flattish) veiled with 2 tragopan neck feathers (1 black, 1 natural amber) and woodduck strands.
Butts, black angora goat
Body, two sections, flat uni embossed ribbed with med silver French oval, first joint veiled with troupial, second joint veiled with natural amber tragopan.
Throat, grizzly hackle
Collar, guinea (speckled)
Wing, married Kori and tq blue turkey tail
Cheeks, natural amber tragopan
Horns, scarlet macaw

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
seeing as you did this pattern nicely, you should just have a look at the baron. i consider it to be a damn fishy pattern worthy of the effort. the butcher too.:smokin:

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seeing as you did this pattern nicely, you should just have a look at the baron. i consider it to be a damn fishy pattern worthy of the effort. the butcher too.:smokin:
This wasn't attempting a pattern here, from the head. Did I make.something that look exactly like another pattern? I doubt the material list is the same :tsk_tsk: Hahaha :lildevl:

Let me know dude. Now I'm curious

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
This wasn't attempting a pattern here, from the head. Did I make.something that look exactly like another pattern? I doubt the material list is the same :tsk_tsk: Hahaha :lildevl:

Let me know dude. Now I'm curious
no no, not saying its a pattern, only saying this includes a lot of elements already in the Baron, so why not tie up a Baron?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooooo, nah, I'm not going to tie up established patterns till I run out of ideas haha! But thinking realistically, how long can that take right?

·
Registered
241 Posts
What on awesome fly. Wonderfully clean tying. Love the wing.

·
Administrator
19,093 Posts
WHOA !!!! :whoa::whoa:
What a gem !!!
No use denying it, this flee will bring any angler confidence ... this will get chewed on the first swing !!

Super tying skills bro :smokin:

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Boom, that is one tight fly!! It has a really solid look, great lines and classic style while having some serious fishiness.... nailed it!! :smokin:

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks alot all you guys, have blacker ghosts in the works hackle dyeing job is hilarious for these flies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts