Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit delayed, since I haven't purchased a digital camera, but this is a public thanks...

After hearing about Roman and Olga's physical issues preventing them from getting in the water, Mr. Red Shed, Mike Cummins, sent a care package to surprise them. It was VERY well received.

As I've said before, there are so many generous people in the spey community. There are other shop owners, instructors, and fellow spey fishers that have all encouraged my kids immensely. I think it is the kindness of the adults in the spey community that creates my kids' enjoyment of spey casting as much as the casting itself. I thank you all.

As for Mike and Linda's generosity, well, the pictures say it better than I ever could:

Thank you Mike and Linda!

--Bill

P.S. Olga had the pin removed from her finger last Thursday and was cleared for the river. We will see if we can find her a steelhead this weekend. Roman still can't risk a dunking as his ear is still healing from surgery.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
As good as Mike is, and he is great, Linda is even better. I'm proud to call both my friends!

·
Banned
28 Posts
That is very generous of the red shed and Mike. I think you should ask you daughter if she has any intentions of being a actress tho, I know some very good talent scouts :razz:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny, CalSpey, but believe it or not, these photos were taken on-the-fly. (no pun intended.) These were not posed; it was complete reality.

My kids do enjoy spey casting. Though both are busy with the start of school and sports right after Labor Day, they both wanted to go to the N Santiam Spey Casters casting session on Sunday. I didn't ask them; they wanted to go. Now if Olga can just stop the "trunking" I'm sure she can hook a fish this weekend.

But if you believe these were posed and know some good talent scouts with a need for a pretty young speycaster...

--Bill

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
how old

so how old were they when youstarted them casting the two fister.
did you modify a single hander to start?
I am looking forward to the day when my boy can out cast his dad.
Its gonna be awhile as he is only 4 but I am sure it will go fast.
Thanks
Rambo

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rambo,

They started with a 2-hand trout rod at about age 6, and I taught them to double spey at that time. But I don't think any of that info stuck. Probably good, because I was a terrible spey caster back then, and probably a worse instructor.

The "real" spey casting has occurred in the last 3 years, with most of it in the last 18 months. But they are typical kids with a variety of activities, and work keeps me busy, so like most of us, we don't get to the water all that often. But we enjoy it when we do!

--Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.