Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last February I posted a sale for a bunch of my fishing gear. I was faced with a life changing event and needed resources to cope with it. Many of you shared your kind thoughts and bought some gear to help me out. I appreciate that.

Just as I began to think that we won the first bout in the game of life and death, I was proven wrong. So the battle continues although. I am not going to give up without doing everything I possibly can. So, I have decided to sale the rest of my fishing gear......here is the list. Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the items are described to the best of my ability. I will add pictures based on your requests. These are some carefully selected gear that are purchased with hard-earned money, no neglected/beaten up gear.

NEW ITEMS

A. Dyna-King Supreme Vise: Price $185

received this as a Christmas gift last year. Used it for a few dozen flies. Did not want to switch from my old and trusted Regal Medallion. so, this vise is sitting in its original box. Original box and all the paper work included. I have received this vise with a granite base that one of my friends made for me. Keeping the base. So this sale is for the vise only. I have a cheap c-clamp that I would be happy to include with this vise.

B. Airflo Scandi Compact 510 grain: brand new never used: Price $35 + shipping

Two-Handed Rods for Sale.

1. Burkheimer 13'4" 8WT Classic Model (8134) SOLD
Condition: Brand New, Never used never casted. I use my Burkie 13'3" 7wt on a regular basis. Tube and rod socks included.

My Price: $695 + shipping (MSRP $895)

2. Sage Z-axis 14'3" 9wt SALE PENDING
Pictures: http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/trout_spey/library/z-axis 9143
Conditions: very lightly used. no marks on the blanks or grip. Bonus: Rio AFS head 8/9 wt, 520 grain. Custom made.

price: $275 + shipping

3. Hardy Swift 13' 8WT
Condition: I have used this rod for two seasons. very well cared for and very lightly used. One of my favorite rods. Bonus: Airflo Skagit 540 grain.

Price: $250 + shipping

4. Winston BIIX 13'3" 7WT: Sale Pending

very lightly used. Only fished on one trip to Patagonia. In very good condition. Again, well cared for. looks new. No marks or scratches.

Price: $500 + Shipping (MSRP $880)

Single Handed Rods

5. Hardy Demon 10' 8wt (Blank warranty card included)
Pictures: http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/trout_spey/library/Hardy Demon 10 ft 8wt
Condition: lightly used. Bought it to use as a steelhead nymphing rod. Quickly Realized that I did not like nymphing. So, this one got to go. Could be a good bone fishing rod or for sinking line presentation in still water.
Bonus: comes with a floating Hardy line and an intermediate Cortland line.

Price: $300 + Shipping

6. Hardy Proaxis 9' 10WT: purchased for my tarpon and bone fish trip. never used. brand new. I have not event taken it out of the rod tube yet. if it is anything close to the demo rod I have tested, it is an amazing salt water or big salmon fishing tool.

Price: $500 + Shipping

7. Hardy Demon 8' 4WT: lightly used. very good small stream fly rod. nice crisp action.

Price: $195 + Shipping

8. Sage z-axis: 10' 4wt SOLD
sweetheart of a nymphing rod. never thought I would sale this rod. used and very well taken care of.if the 7126 TCX is the death star of the double handed world, this rod is the death star of nymphing world.

Price: $325 + Shipping

Reels:

9. Spey Co Scandi: Never fished. in the original box. SOLD

Price: $275 + Shipping

10. Hardy Bougle 3.5" VI (Korean made) SOLD
very lightly used. bought this to get into trout spey, but realized that the spey set up is just too much for my local trout streams. So, Have not used this reel very much at all.

Price: $240 + Shipping

11. Hardy Swift 925 (5/6/7wt): Brand new never used. SOLD

Price: $180 + shipping

12. Greys Streamlite 3/4wt reel: very very lightly used. comes with a brand new 3 wt orvis fly line and backing.

price: $70 + shipping

13. Hardy Angel2 3/4 WT reel. Brand new never used. come with backing and a brand new Cortland fly line.

Price: $250 + shipping

Packs:

14. William Joseph RipTide Waterproof Pack SOLD

used a few times. Streamlined waist pack. I just had too many packs.

Price: $30 + shipping (MSRP $50)

15. William Joseph Escape Fishing Backpack: used but in great condition. no signs of ware and tear. as with my all other gear, this item is also very well cared for and shows very minimum signs of use. A great pack with lot of storage options.

Price: $75 + Shipping (MSRP $140)

Thanks for your time.

Duke

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! what an overwhelming support from this wonderful group. I am moved.

I am trying my best to respond to all the PMs as fast as I can. Also, I am trying to sort through the PMs so that I can keep it fair and offer the items to the first person who responded.

Again, thank you and appreciate your patience.

best,

duke

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the overwhelming support. I am moved. I am trying to respond to your PMs as fast as I can. Also, I am trying to make sure that the item goes to the first person who inquired for a particular item.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Duke, Is there any way that I/we can help you out with a donation?

As a forum member I would like to start off a small PayPal donation to help Duke out, who else is willing to help out a brother in need?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

As a forum member I would like to start off a small PayPal donation to help Duke out, who else is willing to help out a brother in need?
I'll pitch a few bucks that way.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Some really great gear here, wish I was able to buy some of this stuff off you. I just hope you save some of your favorite pieces for when you get better, you sound very positive. Way to go, keep up the good spirits and hoping everything works out for the better. Cheers

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the Swift

Take care my friend good things happen to good people

·
Registered
290 Posts

If someone knows how to go about the practical aspects of such a thing I’m interested in doing my little part for a long distance friend and spey brother that I have enjoyed mailing with.

Johncke ;)

·
Lift, Touch and Fire
106 Posts
Hardy Bougle 3.5" VI

I would like to purchase the Hardy Bougle 3.5" VI. Is it available.

I wish you the best.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all your support. I have received a lot of very positive messages from you all over the last day and a half. I truly appreciate all of you.

I have updated the list this morning and plan to keep it updated as regularly as I possibly can.

The Bougle reel is still available. Several people asked for pictures. I am trying to get that done as soon as I possibly can. Thanks for your patience.

again, thank you so much.

duke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts