Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simon Gawesworth and Stackpole Books (publisher of Simon's wonderful new book Spey Casting) have contributed 2 copies of Simon's book to the Speypages for use in the subscription drive! This book is required reading for any serious student of the two-hander and the best print resource for anyone working towards the Federation of Fly Fishers Two-Handed Casting Instructor Certification.

I'll draw for the first copy once we hit 75 subscribers!

Thanks to Simon and Stackpole for their support!

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Thanks Simon and Stackpole! Dana forget this unnecessary drawing. I say Big K is the winner. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jason Borger supports Speypages

Noticed that Jason Borger is promoting the Speypages on his site.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
I'll have to agree with Dana and say that the book is definitely required reading. I am not finished reading as of yet; however, from what I have read so far it has enlightened me on many areas of casts I that I have put on the back burner. Great reading thus far!!

Vinnie

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"Simon Rules," to use a youth term.

This is THE best book on the 'how to' of spey casting out in print. Don't own it; sigh... your loss.
:D

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Not trying to 'hijack' this thread , but with the new ..

format, brain dead on how to post a new thread.

Busted my (really stupid how I did it so don't ask!) Burkie 13-6, the rod that I use as THE STANDARD upon which I judge all other spey rods.

E mailed Rob Allen and what next?? as this was a custom rod done by William Olson (best known for his fly reels). Bless Rob and "Mr. Burkie," $62 dollars to roll, wrap and send back the repaired rod!!

*****in Deal!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

For the #150 draw Simon will include both a signed copy of his book and a RIO floating spey line of the winner's choice! How's that for support?! Thanks to Simon and RIO!

We're at 128 so far...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts