Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On this boring ( snowing again here :confused: ) Sunday,
Thought it would be interesting to hear some funny, unusual things that happened to you while fishing??
Any special unusual encounters??
Me yes!!!

Please don't repeat this!!! :cool:

At 3:30am I drove to Ladder Pool on the Dartmouth , just as I got out of my Toyota, a car showed up. :(
Shoot!! I want first cast in Ladder Pool!!!!

I hurried to get my stuff out and wanted to be first to hit the trail. (Still darkish outside). He was walking behind me and I felt kinda jumpy ( alone in the woods in the dark with a stranger!!)
Suddenly!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I SCREAMED so loud, I even surprised myself!!!
The guy stopped and said, "What's wrong, what did you see, a bear??
I said,
Non, "Une grenouille" yes a frog!!! haha!!
I was so embarrassed, I got to Ladder pool and told the guy, you can have it... I'll fish down stream!! I didn't want him to see who I was!!!! ( Since I had probably sold his fishing pass at the Zec offce!)
:(
So until, 3:00pm I stayed down river ( mad at myself ) !!!

All this to say!!!!
Frogs are the only dangerous things I see in the woods!! :p

Ann

Come on..tell me a few stories, I'll forget it's snowing here!:confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
My "buddy" Dickie

A few years back, my buddy Dick and I went to a small brookie stream that ran through a gorge in southern Lancaster County. Beautiful little run with big boulders and high walls that limited access to this stream. Dick went down stream and I headed up the gorge. We decided to meet back at the station wagon at ten thirty. When the time to head back came around I looked up stream and could see a nice pool that I decided would be my last casts before heading back down stream. While I was working the tail water, the rock that I was standing on took a roll and I heard a distinct snap. I had no choice but to hobble back down stream through the thankfully cold water to meet Dick at the car.
Naturally it took a lot longer than I had intended, and when I did reach the car Dick was a little upset that he had been waiting for
an extra half hour. I said that I was sorry, but I think I broke my ankle. My "buddy" Dick said " Just climb in the back and put your foot up, I want to go down the road and fish the run below the bridge."

When I did get him to take me home, after fishing that run for about half and hour, I spent the next six weeks in a cast.

I still remind him that I just climbed in the back and put my foot up while he fished that lower stretch.

P.S. A few years later, while removing a hook from Dick's finger,
I had to think of his thoughtfulness while grasping the hook with
the pliers for the second (successful) attempt at removing it.

Jere

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was fishing a river that ran through a rather deep canyon when I heard some rocks falling down. My self and the friend I was with looked up and saw an 8 point buck out on a ledge about 350 feet above us and about 50 feet under the rim of the canyon. He was having a hell of a time staying up there. He was also in a place that I know I could never walk on. It was during the rut and I figured he probably smelled a doe in that direction.

We watched him for a time and he finally got into a spot with some small trees and bushes. At this point we lost sight of him and I think he stopped to rest. We went back to fishing and soon after heard the rocks falling down again. We turned just in time to see him plunging down the side of the canyon. He landed in about 6 inches of water, splashing the spot dry. I am not sure if he died instantly, but by the time we got to his side of the river he was not breathing so we pronounced him DOA, an obvious suicide. Its tough being a deer.

Charlie:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
693 Posts
By the by, Jere, I wouldn't call your storie a "Funny Fishing Story". Busting an ankle sucks! Glad to see you can look back at it as being funny.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
funny stuff.

A good friend of mine rigged up for a days fishing and proceeded to hike the 2 kilometer road(trees down so couldnt drive in) to the section on the Morell known as Mooneys. He told me he stripped off about 20' of line and on the first back cast got hooked up in a tree about 15' up. Yank, yank, snap and so he needed a new leader. He snipped off what was left and reached to tie on a new leader, and yep, as you had guessed, he had no leader on him. That in itself is funny, however, he spent an hour or so looking for flies and old leader in the alders. To no avail, he finally knotted his fly line to a streamer and proceed to go fishless:D :D :D
If you lads knew Ray you would understand that stories like this are par for the course with him :chuckle:
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>
PS. I am going to include another about this guy but i need to scan a pic first. This one is pretty good too, and the picture will explain the whole story,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts