Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Trout & Salmon - 11.3ft switch, 15ft spey, 9ft single handed rods, various 6-7wt
137 Posts
I sold off my first real high-end, pro film camera (Eos 1N) in the early 2000’s. At the time when I bought it, it was the best that money could buy and I had to get a bank loan.

The only reason I sold it was to finance more new camera gear. Since then, a lot of gear has come and gone and I don’t really miss any of it.

But!! I eventually regretted selling my first and was able to track it down and buy it back…

As for fly rods…I still have my first rod in my home. A Browning 8’6” 6/7 wt that my parents bought for me when I was 10 y/o. I gave it to my son last year…and although I don’t regret gifting it to him…I do miss using it. Lol

Whenever I fish without him, I’ll sneak off with the rod.

I guess moral of the story is…if you’re already worried about regretting it…you’ll probably regret it.😂

·
Registered
Trout & Salmon - 11.3ft switch, 15ft spey, 9ft single handed rods, various 6-7wt
137 Posts
My first fly rod was a Browning Sila-flex 8'6" 6/7 >>> black blank with brown wraps and a brown hypalon grip. Same rod?
My parents bought it for me when I turned 12 at LeBaron's Outdoor Store in Toronto along with a Pfleugar Medalist 1495 and a Cortland 444 WF7F.

Mike
Mine is “The Gold Medallion” deep blue blank with lighter blue, red and gold wraps, cork grip. 8’6” 6/7wt with a Cortland graphite clicker with palming rim and 444 7wt

You still have yours?

·
Registered
137 Posts
One more firsts story. I inherited a nice older Fenwick single hander…a 9ft 9wt…great action on it for salmon bombers. I love the rod!
Ran into a buddy on the river one day and he was almost convinced it was his first salmon rod…maybe somehow made the rounds and came back around for him to get a look at it again. He’s not the kind of guy who would ask to buy it back unless I offered…but I think he was waiting for me to offer. Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts