Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learned a lot (again!) about casting, flies that work, what you don’t need, and what you do need. It’s a hard game chasing Skeena Chinook, but every once in awhile you get lucky!! Having a great guide also helps big time too!! This isn’t a huge fish by any stretch for what they get there, but I tell ya, Skeena Chinook is what I dream about. It’s my favorite place to fish on the planet, and endless days of casting just hoping to hook up with a chrome sea liced Chinook is far and above my passion in Spey fishing. Nothing tops it for me, in fact, nothing even comes close........

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Early Spring! Drool.......

Nice fish Youper! What kind of water depth did you hook the Spring in? What kind of sinking tip were you using?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey buddy. This particular run we had 720gr FIST head with 15’ of T-17
These were the flies I was fishing......tied them up before trip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a pretty darn big fish in my book! Nice job.
Thanks! I’d post the video of the release if I knew how..... it splashed so hard!

Reactions: Skol Bandit

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is serious tackle. How deep was the run? Roughly. Was your T-17 tip bouncing and sliding off the rocks?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is serious tackle. How deep was the run? Roughly. Was your T-17 tip bouncing and sliding off the rocks?
Hehe.....I’m not sure how deep the run was, but I didn’t touch bottom till the very end of the swing. I would hold a loop in my hand so as to feel when the sink tip touched bottom, and then I would begin pulsing the fly to keep from getting hung up and to finish into the bank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts