Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit early to hit the phone to Mark B's shop/RIO/et. al., but have a request from a fellow in the UK for TWO full spools (I gather,500' per spool) of T-14. Anyone know if RIO will 'drop ship' direct to the UK?

Fred

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Spools

Fred, Talk to Mark. I doubt a full spool is 500 ft. Can't imagin what anyone would do with 1000 ft of T-14. Dredge Loc Ness for Nessie?:chuckle:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I can't imagine why Mark wouldn't ship 2 spools of T-14 to the UK but if he won't I most likely would.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently RIO won't 'drop ship' to the UK.

But Mark's shop will. Talked to "Jeff" and apparently 500 foot spools run $230.00, and that may include shipping over to the UK. When the thread first started and the fellow asked about getting 500 feet of T-14 (where in the UK?) I thought that had to be a 'miss-type.' (50 feet) Posted that I could get it locally at 35 cents per foot and mail it over the same day.

Noooo, wanted a FULL spools; appears the only way you can get the stuff (at least what I gathered) was the small packages (30 feet with a few loops included) at 22 Pounds per. That's damed near $40 USD for something we pay $15.00!:eek: End game was, went back and posted the info on the thread, and the first 500 feet had already been spoken for (including a hunk for our own Willie Gunn).

Looks like T-14 is becoming a 'big hit' across the Pond.

·
Registered
38 Posts
T-14

Fred was a big help with this as was Jeff at FlyfishUSA. I looked at your website MJC but couldnt see the big spools listed, delivery time is critical as I am off to Australia to chase some speedsters at the end of December.

The UK agent for Rio were not very helpful about the T-14 and would only refer me to their dealers who did not carry T-14 at all. It would have been nice if the agent had at least been able to confirm that they held stock!!

Rio have been really helpful and agreed to make an exception and ship it direct on Jeff's account to save a few days in transit. As long as the customs people this end play the game properly it will all work out well, it would also be nice if HM Revenue & Customs "forgot" to charge me import duty!!!

A few of us are using the T-14 to make shooting heads for SWFF and I will probably make up a few sinktips for dredging the Tweed when it is full flow.

It should all turn out nice again!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sagefly!

Flat forgot you also post to the spey pages. Any idea how long it's going to take to get the full spools (as into your hands)? If you want to 'hedge your bet' I can still get the stuff at 35 cents per foot and could send over a 'short supply' so your initial bets covered.

Let me know,

Fred

·
Registered
38 Posts
I should have it by the end of next week, thye were pretty certain that it went out last night your time so I ought to be "good to go"

Thanks again

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sagefly said:
I should have it by the end of next week, thye were pretty certain that it went out last night your time so I ought to be "good to go"

Thanks again
Excellent news; now you know why so darned many of us have RIO lines, leaders, shooting heads, etc., and etc.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts